- No Related Products Assigned.
PRODUCTS & CAPABILITIES : Assessments
S&P Global Ratings Green Evaluations
TIME TO TURN OVER A NEW LEAF?
Green issuance and investment is on a firm upward trajectory, propelled by the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement, and the impetus it created to finance $1 trillion a year in investments for renewable energy and other initiatives to limit global warming.
At the same time, long-term investors are also recognizing the threat from greenhouse gases and have begun to diversify portfolios away from carbon-based investment. The final push is coming from corporations as they start to contend with the consequences of increasingly extreme and violent weather and flooding. Many are starting to see that managing environmental exposure may be more than risk management; it may be good for business.
So how green or resilient are your financing initiatives?
Why go green?
- - Diversify your investor base
- - Potential to enjoy long term pricing advantages
- - Internally benchmark your green performance Y-O-Y
- - Send a strong, pro-active message to stakeholders
- - Appeal to millennials as employees and customers
Why go green?
- - Meet your clients’ needs/requests and satisfy your green mandates
- - Balance risk-adjusted financial returns with sustainability benefits
- - Reduce time to evaluate a complex and growing investment type
An S&P Global Ratings Green Evaluation is an asset-level environmental credential which builds upon today’s existing frameworks of governance and transparency (e.g. Green Bond Principles) and considers approaches for climate resilience and environmental impact. The Green Evaluation, which aims to provide investors with a more comprehensive picture of the green impact and climate risk attributes of their portfolios, can be applied to any type of financing, in part or in full. These attributes put S&P Global Ratings in a unique and unrivalled position to help drive transparency and restore supply/demand equilibrium in today’s fragmented green marketplace.
What else sets S&P Global Ratings apart from any other second opinion provider or Ratings Agency?
Key elements of our approach include:
- - Integrates comprehensive environmental impact data from Trucost, now part of the S&P Global family
- - Assesses environmental net-benefit of the projects financed by the bond's proceeds over a lifetime - relative to a local baseline
- - Draws on, but is not limited to, green bond principles and existing taxonomies
Why S&P Global Ratings?
- - Reduced administrative burden relative to other green opinion providers
- - Evaluation is an independent and global credential from a well-known source within the investor and issuer community
- - S&P Global is already in the sustainability space with SPDJI Sustainability Indices
Our independent and data-driven evaluation analyzes and estimates a project or initiative’s environmental impact and/or resilience level, including:
- - Green Buildings
- - Green Energy
- - Green Transport
- - Energy Efficiency
- - Water
- - Fossil Fuel Power Plants (decreased carbon intensity of conventional energy production)
- - Nuclear
For more information please email email@example.com
U.S. & Canada:New York: Steven Cooke
Head of Business Development, Americas 1-212-438-7240
Latin America:Enrique Gutierrez
Head of Business Development, Latin America, +12124380328Argentina: Lorena Rossi
Director, +54 11 4891 2135Brazil: Joao Carlos Scuracchio
Director, Business Development 55-11-3039-9704Mexico: Alejandro Serrano
Europe, Middle East & Africa:London: Richard Anthony-Smith
Head of Business Development, Europe, Middle East and Africa 44-207-176-7068
Asia-Pacific:Singapore: Anthony Foo
Group Manager, +65-6239-6368Hong Kong: Denis O'Sullivan
Head of Sales, Asia-Pacific, +852 2533 3522